The Caliphate is Coming to al-Quds
By Dr. Kevin Barrett, www.truthjihad.com
The ongoing U.S.-backed Zionist butchery in Palestine is generating a backlash that will lead to the restoration of the caliphate — that supra-national Muslim government that has existed, in one form or another, for most of the past 1,300 years. After passing through Medina, Mecca, Damascus, Baghdad, and Istanbul, the next stop for the caliphate will be the Holy City, al-Quds…the city known to English speakers as Jerusalem.
This idea is not as radical as it sounds. Jerusalem has been administered by Muslims since about 640 C.E. More than 1300 years of relatively peaceful and tolerant Muslim rule over the holy places of Palestine has been punctuated by only a couple of brief, bloody interludes.(1) One was the medieval crusades, when fanatical Christians butchered their way to the holy land, then butchered its inhabitants, until they were driven out by Saladin, whose nobility, generosity and mercy became legendary, even among the defeated crusaders themselves.(2) The other bloody interlude, of course, is the current Zionist regime — the last remaining European settler colony of the industrial age.(3)
So why will the caliphate return? And why Jerusalem?
The caliphate is coming because it is an essential element of the religion of Islam. Muslims all over the world regard themselves, and have always regarded themselves, as one nation — one umma. The word caliph means “successor,” and it is well-established in Islamic doctrine that since the death of the Prophet Muhammad, peace upon him, the Muslim community is one umma that ought to be ruled, however lightly, by a rightful successor.
The idea that only Islamic “extremists” and “radicals” and “terrorists” want to restore the caliphate is a staple of Islamophobic propaganda, and a big lie. Every knowledgeable Muslim would like to see the caliphate restored. The only debate is on the details.
Those who have a vested interest in opposing the restoration of the caliphate cannot hold out forever against the desire of 1.5 billion Muslims. The anglo-zionist usurers of the New World Order, who hope to create a satanic/atheist world government in Jerusalem, are beginning to recognize that their empire is on the brink of collapse. Their power to play divide-and-conquer against the world’s Muslims and other colonized peoples is collapsing along with their empire. And the rise of the internet, which offers alternatives to the anglo-zionist media monopoly, is undermining their power to deceive.
Jerusalem is the logical place for the renewal of the caliphate. Virtually every Muslim on earth supports the liberation of Palestine, making this the one and only issue that unites the umma politically. The Palestine issue has the power to rouse the Muslim people against their rulers, forcing those rulers to get out of the way of the coming caliphate.
Is this vision “radical” or “extremist”? Hardly. It is Zionism, the ultimate form of genocidal European colonialism, that is extremist. The “radical extremists” are those using massive ongoing terrorism in their doomed attempt to establish a pseudo-Jewish state in Palestine, one of the three Islamic holy places, despite the fact that Palestine has been administered by Muslims for over 1,300 years.
Imagine, if you will, how Catholics would feel if a small sect of powerful Muslims (or pseudo-Muslims) had invaded and ethnically cleansed Italy and planted their flag atop the Vatican. Then imagine that atrocities against the remnant Italian population went on and on, broadcast daily, in excruciating detail, to the entire Catholic world. Imagine that these Muslim invaders of Rome defied dozens of U.N. resolutions calling for them to allow Catholic refugees to return, and for the invaders to withdraw from the Vatican and from at least part of the other territories they had stolen through mass murder and terrorism.
Under such circumstances, Catholics everywhere would be united in their outrage and their determination to undo the injustice that had been inflicted on them.
Likewise, Muslims are growing more and more united in their determination to free Palestine from its Zionist tormentors. And Islamic religious identity is increasingly becoming a key factor in the anti-Zionist movement. While in the past it was Arab nationalism, today it is Islam that motivates the cutting edge of the Palestine liberation project. Hezbullah and Hamas, the two groups that have scored the most notable successes during the past few years, base their struggle on Islamic identity, not mere nationalism. And both groups have widespread support throughout the Islamic world. This support cuts across the fault-lines that too often divide the umma. Sunnis and shiites, salafis and sufis, Muslims of every gender, ethnicity, socio-economic level–all are cheering for Hezbullah and Hamas. Some sunnis may be uncomfortable with Hezbullah’s shiite identity, and most Muslims (including Osama Bin Laden, who had nothing to do with 9/11) believe that suicide bombing and the intentional killing of civilians is un-Islamic.(4) Yet the Zionist desecration of Palestine is so extreme, so intolerable, that Muslims everywhere are rallying to support the Palestinian resistance.
Just as the Muslim umma turns as one toward Mecca to pray, today it turns toward al-Quds–Jerusalem–in its political aspirations and its quest for justice. When Palestine is liberated under Islamic auspices, and justice is re-established in the holy land, Muslims will be united as they have not been for more than a millennium. The tangible expression of that restored unity, inshalallah, will be a renewed caliphate wa-assimat-ha al-Quds.(5)
(1) “But this (Crusader) idealism had a dark underside; it soon became apparent that the victory of Christ would mean the death and destruction of others. In the spring of 1096 a band of German Crusaders massacred the Jewish communities of Speyer, Worms, and Mainz along the Rhine…(When they got to Jerusalem) for three days the Crusaders systematically slaughtered about thirty thousand of the inhabitants of Jerusalem. ‘They killed all the Saracens and the Turks they found,’ said the author of the Gesta Francorum approvingly, “they killed everyone, whether male or female.’ Ten thousand Muslims who had sought sanctuary on the roof of the Aqsa were brutally massacred, and Jews were rounded up into their synagogue and put to the sword. There were scarcely any survivors….the streets literally ran with blood. ‘Piles of heads, hands and feet were to be seen,’ says the Provencal eyewitness Raymond of Aguiles…when Fulcher of Chartres arrived in Jerusalem to celebrate Christmas that year (five months after the massacre) he was horrified: ‘Oh, what a stench there was around the walls of the city, both within and without, from the rotting bodies of the Saracens slain by ourselves at the time of the capture of the city, lying wherever they had been hunted down. ” Karen Armstrong, Jerusalem (NY: Knopf, 2006) 272-274.
(2) P.H. Newby, Saladin in His Time (London: Faber & Faber, 1983).
(3) Yes, my Moroccan friends, I know that Sebta and Melillia are still occupied by Spain. But I’m talking about such MAJOR European settler colonies as French Algeria, British Kenya, British Rhodesia, British-Afrikaaner South Africa, and Zionist Palestine. Sven Lindqvist, “Exterminate All the Brutes” (London: Granta, 1996). Alfred W. Crosby, Ecological Imperialism: The Biological Expansion of Europe, 900-1900 (Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1986).
(4) The FBI explicitly and officially states that Bin Laden is “not wanted for 9/11” because there is “no hard evidence” against him. www.teamliberty.net/id267.html Bin Laden’s repeated denials of involvement in 9/11, and his statement that the attacks were un-Islamic and carried out by American Jews, were widely reported in the U.S. and world media, then consigned to the memory hole. They are archived at: http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=a091601noinvolvement
(5) “And its capital (will be) Jerusalem.” This formula has been used by those supporting a Palestinian state.